105 Lockwood Library, North Campus
Office Hours:By appointment.
Walk-ins are welcome.
DegreesHistory, B.A. Hunter College, 1971
Library Studies, M.L.S. Queens College, 1974
History, M.A. Hunter College, 1979
LiaisonEd does not have liaison responsibilities to specific departments, but deals will all departments when the need for government information services and statistical data arises.
- Ed is a general reference librarian who has expertise in government information resources.
- New York State documents is his primary collection responsibility.
- He works with faculty in all departments to teach government information literacy classes. All sessions are tailered towards students' assignments. Whenever possible, classes include hands-on instruction. See the Subject Course Guides section above for links to class handouts.
- Ed prepares subject guides and helps maintain Lockwood Library's government information web site.
Resources By Subject
- United States government information.
- New York State government information.
- Other government information as needs arise.
- Accessing statistical data produced by government and non-government sources.
Subject / Course Guides
- Ed prepared and is responsible for maintaining most subject guides cited at Government Resources by Subject An A-Z Index
- Click here to view government information class guides Ed prepared for classes he taught.
Other class guides Ed prepared include:
IRC Chat Screen Name
Curriculum Vitae / Bio
Ed began his career at the Queens Borough Public Library in December 1972 as a Librarian Trainee. He became a Librarian at Queens Borough upon completing his Masters in Library Science (M.L.S.) in August 1974. Ed's career at UB began in January 1977, just 2 weeks before the "Blizzard of 77."
(2001). Locating United States Government Information: A Guide to Sources--Internet Supplement. 3rd edition. Buffalo, N.Y.: William Hein and Company.
(1999). Locating United States Government Information: A Guide to Sources--Internet Supplement. 2nd edition. Buffalo, N.Y.: William Hein and Company.
(1997). Locating United States Government Information: A Guide to Sources. 2nd edition. Buffalo, N.Y.: William Hein and Company.
(1997). Locating United States Government Information: A Guide to Sources--Internet Supplement. Buffalo, N.Y.: William Hein and Company.
(1991). The Federal Budget: A Guide To Process and Principal Publications. Ann Arbor. MI.: Pierian Press.
(1985). Directory to Major Government Document Holdings in Western New York Libraries. Buffalo, N.Y.: Western New York Library Resources Council.
(1983). Locating United States Government Information: A Guide to Sources. Buffalo, N.Y.: William Hein and Company.
(1976). Jewish Americans and Their Backgrounds: Sources of Information. Chicago: American Library Association.
Contributions to Books
(1986). "Survey Tabulations and Analysis of Responses." In Report and Recommendations to the State Library. New York State Library Association. Government Documents Roundtable. Task Force on the New York State Depository Program. pp. 11-43.
(1986). "Integrating Microforms with Government Documents: A Third Alternative." In Energies For Transition. Proceedings of the 4th National Conference of the Association of College and Research Libraries, edited by Danuta A. Nitecki. Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries. pp. 86-89.
Journal Articles (Refereed)
(2004). "A post-September 11th Balancing Act: Public Access to U.S. Government Information Versus Protection of Sensitive Data. Journal of Government Information, 30, 42-65.
Research / Service Area
edit your profile