Catalog of U.S. Government Publications
Indexes print and electronic U.S. government publications published primarily since July 1976. The intent is to eventually add records for earlier documents going back to the late 1800s making the Catalog a source for current and historical materials. Right now, consult the Monthly Catalog of U.S. Government Publications for references to materials published prior to July 1976.
Locate documents several ways.
- Basic search: search by authors, titles, subjects, or keywords.
- Advanced search: combine up to 3 search statements and limit data to specific fields. (authors, titles, subjects, keywords, technical report numbers, call numbers, internet addresses).
- Expert search: search terms using the systems command language.
- Browse various categories of authors, titles, and subjects.
July 1976 +. The Government Printing Office expects to add earlier records as they become available.
Monthly Catalog of United States Government Publications (US Government Printing Office)
Lockwood Reference Z1223 .A18 (1929-1991)
Lockwood Documents US GP 3.8: (1956-1995)
UGL/SEL Reference Z1223 A18 (1964-1991)
Capen Multimedia Center CD-ROM Z1223 .A18 (1996-2002)
The Monthly Catalog was the official index to US government documents between 1895 and the mid-1990's. Use the Monthly Catalog with the following supplemental tools:
- Cumulative Subject Index to the Monthly Catalog of United States Government Publications, 1900-1971, 15 volumes(Carrollton Press)
Lockwood Reference Z1223 .A182
- United States Government Publications, Monthly Catalog: Quinquennial Cumulative Personal Author Index, 1941-1975 (Pierian Press)
Lockwood Reference Z1223 .A1823
- NTIS Covers technical reports on government sponsored research.
- UB Libraries Catalog – UB Libraries Catalog (for documents owned by the University at Buffalo)