Business Insights: Essentials
Business Insights: Essentials is an integrated business database containing information from more than a dozen major business reference sources, including company directories, encyclopedias, statistical compendia, and investment services. It focuses on data about companies, industries, products, and brand names, covering the United States and the world. It contains listings for more than 400,000 U.S. and international companies including company profiles, industry overviews, industry statistics, market research reports, company rankings, histories, and chronologies, news stories, and full-text periodical articles.
The following is a selective list of major sources used in this database:
· Brands and Their Companies
· Business Rankings Annual
· Business Index ASAP
· Consultants and Consulting Organizations Directory
· International Directory of Company Histories
· Investext Plus
· Notable Corporate Chronologies
· Telecommunications Directory
· Ward's Business Directory of U.S. Private and Public Companies
Periodical articles, 1980 to present
Most other resources, current year only.
Some sources in JSTOR are also available in print at the University at Buffalo Libraries. Consult the UB Libraries Catalog.