Produced by Springer Science & Business Media, SpringerProtocols is the “world’s largest” collection of reproducible laboratory protocols in the Life and Biomedical Sciences. The database includes the protocols from all volumes of Methods in Molecular Biology and other Springer “Methods in . . .” series, the Springer Protocols Handbooks (e.g. Protein Protocols Handbook), as well as other sources, for a total of over 31,000 protocols. Approximately 2,000 new protocols are added each year. New content is added daily.
The database is browse-able in 15 broad subject collections (Cell Biology, Genetics/Genomics, Protein Sciences, Biochemistry, Neurosciences, Immunology, Molecular Medicine, Microbiology, Plant Sciences, Cancer Research, Pharmacology/Toxicology, Infectious Diseases, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, and Imaging/Radiology) or searchable by keyword, author, year of publication, and the original journal or book source. In addition to text protocols with illustrations, the database also includes a small, but growing collection of video protocols produced in collaboration with the Journal of Visualized Experiments (JOVE).
Users can create personal accounts in the database to enable new protocol alerts, RSS feeds, exporting and uploading protocols, and adding personal comments about individual protocols into the database.
1981 to present.
- Methods in Molecular Biology
- Methods in Biotechnology (merged since 2007 with Methods in Molecular Biology)
- Methods in Molecular Medicine
- Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Springer Protocols Handbooks
- Current Protocols in Bioinformatics
- Current Protocols in Cell Biology
- Current Protocols in Immunology
- Current Protocols in Molecular Biology
- Current Protocols in Nucleic Acid Chemistry
- Current Protocols in Protein Science