USA Trade Online
The Government Printing Office gave the UB Libraries a login code and password to use USA Trade Online in the Libraries. The UB Libraries are prohibited from divulging this information. Ask a reference librarian in Lockwood Library to sign you into the system.
USA Trade Online provides import and export statistics to and from the U.S.
Leads to statistics measure the value and quantities of traded commodities by Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HS) codes, trading partners, and customs ports. HS codes are an international method of classifying related industries and products by either 2, 4, 6, or 10 digits, 2 being the broadest category and 10 the most specific. For example:
49 Represents printed books, newspapers, and manuscripts.
4901 Represents books, brochures, and similar printed matter
490191 Represents dictionaries, encyclopedias and serial.
4901910020 Represents dictionaries, including thesauruses
GPO Access Training Manual: Insert for Federal depository libraries on STAT-USA/Internet and USA Trade Online Office of Electronic Information Dissemination Services, January 2003. (PDF)
· Annual import and export data for the most recent completed 2 years.
· Annual import and export date for the most recent completed 4 years.
· Annual import and export data for the most current 10 years.
· Monthly import and export data cumulative from January through the most recent month for the current year and the most recent completed year.
· Monthly import and export data for the most recent 2 months.
Consult BISON - UB Libraries Catalog for access to printed reports. Information is on CD-ROM since 1991.
International Trade Government Resources (State University at Buffalo. University Libraries)