The Bureau of the Census intended American FactFinder to be the primary distribution tool for the 2000 Census of Population and Housing.
· 2000 Census of Population and Housing, Summary Files 1-4 (SF 1 - SF 4)
· Selected statistics from the 1990 Census of Population and Housing.
· The Population Estimates program that updates numbers of inhabitants annually.
· The American Community Survey, a data series that if fully implemented will update detailed socioeconomic data far more regularly than ten year intervals.
· 1997 and 2002 Economic Censuses.
· American FactFinder: Data Sets-Detailed Tables (PDF)
· American FactFinder Search: Place Name (PDF)
· American FactFinder Search: Street Addresses (PDF)
· American FactFinder: Summary Information for the Nation, States, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Zip Code Tabulation Areas (Comparable to Zip Codes) (PDF)
· American FactFinder: Reference Maps (PDF)
· American FactFinder: Thematic Maps (PDF)
· 1990 and 2000 Censuses of Population and Housing · Population Estimates program-2000+ · American Community Survey-1996+ · 1997 and 2002 Economic Censuses
· Census of Population and Housing - Links to PDF copies of publications from the 1790-1890 censuses, and the 1990 and 2000 censuses.
· Check the UB Libraries Catalog for copies available in the UB Libraries. UB has all printed publications issued since the 1960 census, and selected paper copies of earlier materials
· Microfilm copies of all publications between 1790 and 1950 are in the ASL Media Center at MicFilm HA 195 U5 1975. Check the Bibliography and Reel Index: A Guide to the Microfilm Edition of the United States Decennial Census Publications, 1790-1970 for reel numbers.
Lockwood Reference Z7554 U5 R47 1975
ASL Media Center Z7554 U5 R47 1975
- Air University Library's Index to Military Periodicals (AULIMP) (U.S. Defense Technical Information Center)
- American Community Survey
- Census 2000 Demographic Profiles
- County and City Data Books (Summarizes national, state, county, and city statistics since 1944.)
- Historical Census Browser (Provides selected national, state, and county decennial census variables for 1790-1960.)
- State & County QuickFacts (Provides national, state, county, and municipal data with links to additional resources.)