New York Times
Contains full-text articles from the New York Times. The New York Times was established in 1851, and is respected around the world for its unparalled coverage of national, international, business and New York regional news.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This link is to the Factiva version of the New York Times. The full-text contains the complete text of the New York Times newspaper, including the Magazine, Book Review and all other Sunday sections. Access to certain sections/features (i.e. Photographs, classifieds, certain freelance articles, etc) may NOT be available.
- To search the New York Times, mouse over the "Search" option in the upper left hand corner under "Factiva".
- Then click on "Search Builder".
- In the "Source" option, change "All Publications" to "Remove".
- Click on the right arrow.
- Type "New York Times" in the search box.
- Choose "The New York Times" - All Sources.
- You can also limit your search by Date by changing the pull-down menu options.
To browse the current day's news in Factiva, click on the "News Pages" tab at the top of the page, the Wall Street Journal appears as the first choice, but scroll down a bit to browse recent articles from the New York Times.
June 1, 1980 to the present--articles online within 24 hours of print publication.
New York Times
Lockwood Library microforms area
CALL NUMBER: MicFilm AN256 .N52 (1851 - present)
- New York Times on the Web (Homepage for the New York Times)
- New York Times Article Archive, 1851-2011
- Brooklyn Daily Eagle (a nice complement to the NYT for historical research; time period covered, 1841-1955)
- Newspaper Source Plus