Early English Books Online
Early English Books Online (EEBO) contains over 22 million digital page images of virtually every work printed in the English language as well as works printed in Great Britain and its dependencies from 1473-1700 in any language.
The collection draws from the following bibliographic sources:
· The Short-Title Catalogue I (Pollard & Redgrave, 14751640)
· The Short-Title Catalogue II (Wing, 16411700)
· The Thomason Tracts, a compendium of broadsides on the English Civil War, 1640 and 1661
· The Early English Books Tract Supplements
Subjects Covered: Authors such as Shakespeare, Spencer, Chaucer, Newton, and Galileo are presented in the collection. All fields of study will benefit from EEBOs deep coverage including: royal statues; military and religious documents; musical exercises; calendars; prayer books; almanacs; maps; scientific texts, and many other primary sources.
Searching Tips: Searchable full-text is limited. Searchable fields include author, title, printer, publication date, type of illustration, Library of Congress subject heading, etc. For searching tips, select "Help."
Saving Results: In order to print, download, or email a citation, you must first add it to your Marked List. From your Marked List, you can select to print, email, or download any or all of the citations included in your list. Records are linked to the corresponding page images and can be downloaded in PDF format for viewing off-line.
Early English Books, 1475-1640
Early English Books, 1641-1700
CAPEN Multimedia Center
CALL NUMBER: Microfilm PR1121 .U6.
- Resources by Subject - English & American Literature
- Early American Imprints I
- Google Books
- HathiTrust Digital Library