Dissertations & Theses
Dissertations & Theses provides title, author, and subject access to virtually every U.S. dissertation; the database also provides access to thousands of Canadian dissertations and U.S. master's theses, and since 1988 selected access to British and European dissertations. Dissertations published from 1980 forward include 350-word abstracts, written by the author (abstracts for dissertations published before 1980 are available in the printed Dissertation Abstracts back to 1938). Citations for master's theses from 1988 forward include 150-word abstracts. Contains leads to citations to over 2 million doctoral dissertations and master's theses from more than 1,000 North American and European graduate schools. Abstracts to doctoral dissertions from 1980 forward & for master's theses from 1988 forward. Free full-text of most University at Buffalo dissertations published after January 1997. Full-text of many non-UB digital dissertations published after January 1997.
NOTE: Dissertations & Theses offers free downloading of University at Buffalo dissertations published after January 1997, as well as the full-text of many non-UB digital dissertations published since 1997. To download dissertations, click on "Free Download" and follow instructions.
IMPORTANT: Dissertations & Theses' shopping cart option offers you the opportunity to purchase paper or microform copies of dissertations. The University at Buffalo Libraries are not responsible for any charges you may incur.
REMEMBER: Many UB and non-UB dissertations 1997+ can be downloaded for free. You can use Interlibrary Loan to have us try to get a library copy of any non-UB dissertation that you would like to borrow. To borrow a UB dissertation from our collection, do an author or title search in our UB Library Catalog to get a library location and call number.
From the first U.S. dissertation in 1861 to those accepted as recently as last semester; Updated monthly.
Lockwood Ref (Index Area)
CALL NUMBER: Z 5055 U55 A53
CALL NUMBER: Z 5055 U5 A5
- CRL's Foreign Doctoral Dissertations Database
- Current Protocols No related databases.
- DART-Europe E-theses Portal (DEEP)
- Dissertations & Theses @ SUNY Buffalo
- EThOS : Electronic Theses Online Service (United Kingdom)
- Finding International Theses
- Index to Theses (Great Britain & Ireland)
- International Theses in Progress
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD)
- Open Access Theses and Dissertations OATD aims to be the best possible resource for finding open access graduate theses and dissertations published around the world. Metadata (information about the theses) comes from over 600 colleges, universities, and research institutions.
- Open Thesis
- PQDT Open PQDT Open provides the full text of open access dissertations and theses free of charge.
- Theses Canada Portal