Posted: January 22nd, 2013
The electronic resource MD Consult has been upgraded to a new product called ClinicalKey. Produced by Elsevier, ClinicalKey is a search engine and database of peer-reviwed and evidence-based clinical information resources designed to support physician patient care decisions. Content from 2004 to the present, updated daily. CME credit is provided through the Cleveland Clinic.
WHERE TO FIND IT
- Remote access requires a UBIT Name and Password.
- ClinicalKey will be listed in HSL’s Biomedical Databases and the UB Libraries Databases by Title lists.
- ClinicalKey link is also accessible via HUBNET from HSL’s website and UB’s Teaching Hospitals.
- All books and journals are integrated in “Electronic Journals.”
- All books BY TITLE are available under the “Electronic Books” list.
- All books BY TITLE are also indexed under the “Resources by Subject” listings at the bottom of the menu page.
- ClinicalKey offers a clinical search engine to a vast array of resources, including:
- ALL Elsevier medical and surgical journals (over 500)
- Selected third-party journals and content sources
- ALL Elsevier medical and surgical reference books (over 1000)
- ALL medical and surgical clinics of North America
- ALL First Consult point-of-care clinical monographs
- ALL Procedures Consult content and associated videos
- ALL Clinical Pharmacology drug monographs from Gold Standard
- ALL Elsevier medical and surgical videos (over 13,000+)
- Millions of medical and surgical images
- Over 2,000 Practice Guidelines
- Elsevier and third-party published patient education handouts in both English and Spanish, where available.
ClinicalKey includes First Consult content
- The First Consult content portion is now fully integrated into the ClinicalKey product so there is no longer a separate link for First Consult as there was with MD Consult.
- First Consult content may be filtered after doing a search in CK and then selecting the First Content tab under Content Type in the left column of the CK search page.
- Those with a current First Consult iPhone app can still log-in to use it. The new FC/CK app for iPhone will be available in the second quarter of 2013.