A recently discovered newspaper clipping in the History of Medicine Collection featured a sculpture made from keys that had been used in the University at Buffalo Medical School formerly located at 24 High Street in Buffalo. This was the third building that the School had occupied before moving to UB’s South Campus in the 1950’s. The elegant building was designed by the architect George Cary, brother of Charles Cary, a faculty member at the Medical School. When the building closed, Dr. Robert L. Brown, then Assistant Dean of the School, gathered up 36 keys from cabinets, book cases and classrooms and silver-soldered them into a ten inch piece mounted on a mahogany base. The original sculpture now resides in the Robert L. Brown History of Medicine Collection in the Health Sciences Library in Abbott Hall. It was interesting to learn that it had a name!