For those of you who are returning, welcome back! We missed you (no, seriously–we love it when it’s busy). For those of you who are new, welcome!
My name is Michelle Zafron and I’m the library liaison to the School of Public Health and Health Professions here at UB. Should you need help with anything library related (and that covers a wide range), you can contact me a couple of different ways:
- Phone: (716) 829-5746
- Email: mlzafron @ buffalo . edu
- Chat: See this box? It should also be on the right hand side of your screen. Monday – Friday 8:30 – 5, I am generally available. Just type your question into that box and I’ll do the best I can to help you.
Things you should know about:
- Delivery+ is a free service to UB students, faculty, and staff. If you need a book, book chapter, or an article, you can request it. You’ll need to register but it’s pretty painless and the service is amazingly faast.
- Want to access databases or articles from off-campus? Just make sure you log in through the UB Libraries. You’ll need your UBIT name and password, but once you’ve done that, you should be able to get to most everything but print materials from wherever you are.
- Consider taking a workshop. They fill up fast. Learn to use PubMed. Make your presentations more effective with Prezi. Use EndNote to organize your citations and work with Word for easy formatting. Consider how to be more productive with your iPad. You can find out more about them here.
- Maximize Google Scholar . I’m not knocking it. Google Scholar is a great tool (it shouldn’t be your only tool, but it’s a good one). Set it up to search UB Library holdings for you. Instructions are on the linked page.
- Need help in the middle of the night or on the weekends or any hour? Use our 24/7 chat service.
- Have a great year and remember to contact me if you need help!