In late September, EndNote released a new update, version X7.2, that enables EndNote users with an EndNote Online account to share a library with up to 14 collaborators. All users must also have upgraded to 7.2.
Here are some other changes and things to be aware of once you install the update:
- You’ll see a new “Share Library” button and menu option to share a library (“File” and then “Share”). Click either to share a library and then input email addresses to invite people to share your library.
- Once they accept your invitation, they can go to “File” and select “Open Shared Library.”
- You can only share one of your libraries, just like you can only sync one library to EndNote Online.
- If you share your library, you are giving people read and write access. They can modify or delete anything in your library which includes references, attachments, pdfs, and groups.
- You can unshare your library at any time.
- There’s now unlimited storage for file attachments in EndNote Online. The 5 GB limit has been removed.
If you only want to share a group, don’t share your whole library. Use EndNote Online.