Architecture & Planning - For Incoming Students
Helpful library tips for incoming students
Understanding the search tool bar:
- Everything – searches through the Catalog and Articles+
- Catalog – searches for books, videos, CDs, microform, maps, journal titles and more in all the UB Libraries: Architecture & Planning Library, Health Sciences Library, Law Library, Lockwood Library, Music Library, Silverman Library (Science & Engineering) and the University Archives (& Special Collections).
- E-journals- are electronic journals that are indexed in databases or found online. (Cannot search for articles, citation is needed)
- Reserve – or Course Reserve: a collection of books or articles (pdfs) set aside at the Circulation Desk by your professor.
- Databases – list of all the databases owned by the UB Libraries
- Circulation Services: the general book loan period for PhD in Urban and Regional Planning is 16 weeks.
- Delivery+ is the University at Buffalo Libraries service that saves UB researchers valuable time and effort by delivering articles and books to their computers or offices and is available to all UB faculty, staff and students. With Delivery+ all journal articles and book chapters delivered electronically and physical items retrieved from any library and made available for pick-up at the UB library of your choice.
- Endnote is a citation management tool that helps manage all citations, references and bibliographies.