Thanks to funding provided by our Health Sciences Library colleagues, effective October 2, UB is now is a member of one of the best and largest open access publishers, BioMed Central (BMC).
This membership gives UB authors a 15% discount on the article processing charges with no limit on number of articles per year. If you go to our UB member page, you will see how active UB is on BioMed Central. UB researchers had five articles published in BMC journals last month. BMC’s extensive journal list of over 100 titles has considerable breadth including biochemistry, structural biology and ecology titles, for example.
When you submit your research to any of our journals, it will receive rigorous and rapid peer review. If your article is accepted:
- It will be accessible to anyone with an Internet connection – open access means no subscriptions or ‘pay-per-view’ charges for original research articles.
- It is more likely to be cited, as it will be freely available to the entire global biological and medical community
- It will be listed in PubMed within days of publication and also archived in PubMed Central.
- You retain the copyright of your work
- You will be able to view your article’s access statistics, which average over 200 downloads per month per article
Please consider publishing in a BMC journal. By submitting your manuscript from a UB location, you should automatically receive a 15% discount on article processing charges. See more information about the benefits of publishing with BioMed Central.