The American Chemical Society (ACS) recently released a mobile app, ACS2Go, for their highly used journal web site. The key feature is that, once a user accesses the journal site on campus, it automatically authenticates the device for use off-campus for 4 months, giving researchers the ability to read any subscription-based content without the need for an additional log-in step. ACS2Go can be accessed at http://pubs.acs.org on a tablet or smartphone.
Other features of ACS2Go include:
- Compatibility with gestural commands to swipe and advance between articles and issues.
- Ability to browse, search, and download journal articles.
- Configurability tailored to the research interests and reading habits of the reader.
- Share articles and links via email.
- Compatible with devices running iOS, Android and Blackberry.
ACS2Go complements the previously introduced ACS Mobile app.