This work addresses the current status of nearly all biomaterials in the field, their strengths and weaknesses, their future prospects, appropriate analytical methods and testing, device applications and performance, emerging candidate materials as competitors and disruptive technologies, research and development, regulatory management, commercial aspects, and applications, including medical applications.
Content coverage is as follows:
- Volume 1: Metallic, Ceramic, and Polymeric Biomaterials
- Volume 2: Biologically Inspired and Biomolecular Materials
- Volume 3: Methods of Analysis
- Volume 4: Biocompatibility, Surface Engineering, and Delivery of Drugs, Genes and Other Molecules
- Volume 5: Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine: Fundamentals
- Volume 6: Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine: Applications
- Volume 7: Biomaterials and Clinical Use
You can access this major reference work from on- or off-campus via the following URL:
This URL can be embedded in your lab web pages, course pages on UBlearns, etc., as relevant.