Architecture & Planning Guides
Architecture Overview Guide: a basic guide, a starting point for research in Architecture.
Planning Overview Guide: a basic guide, a starting point for research in Planning.
Additional Planning guides:
- Urban & Regional Planning Guide: a list of annotated websites and links to Planning resources.
- The 100 Essential Books of Planning from the American Planning Association
Helpful guides for Arch & Planning classes:
- Digital Sanborn Maps Guide
- PD312: Hometown Community History & Analysis
- PD350: Library Research
- Evaluating Articles in Journals and Web pages
- Searching for Archival Material
- Buffalo & WNY Maps: Aerial, historical, neighborhood, Olmsted, Sanborn, & zoning maps, all pertaining to WNY.
- Step by step guide: Digital Sanborn Maps guide
- Erie County On-Line Mapping System (GIS)
- Niagara County On-Line Mapping System (GIS)
- Transportation Maps: Transportation maps show infrastructure for the areas they represent. This includes roads, highways, railroads, buslines, subway routes and stations, airline and shipping routes, harbor and port facilities, communication routes, electric and telephone lines, and other similar features.
- Social Explorer: Reproduces statistical reports and maps based upon U.S. decennial censuses, the American Community Survey (ACS), and data collected by the Association of Religion Data Archives (ARDA). Census Data: 1790-1930: Covers county, state and national data & 1940-2000: Coverage varies depending upon the year. Geographies include tracts, places, counties, zip codes, Congressional districts, states, and the nation.
- UB Green Library: 220 Winspear Ave., Buffalo, New York 14215 phone: (716) 829-3535
Open to the campus and community, the UB Green library contains a unique collection of environmental resources and media. Topics include sustainable lifestyles, environmental politics and economics, energy, vegetarianism, and an extensive section on green building design materials which appeal to the do-it-yourselfer and architect alike.
- University Facilities: Document Library
The Document Library houses North, South, Downtown and Off-site property information which includes architectural prints, specifications and related documentation for the University at Buffalo’s projects. The Document Library provides support to Facilities Planning and Design staff, Facilities Operations staff; approved vendors, contractors, and students. We are a division of University Facilities located within the John Beane Center, Buffalo, NY 14260-7300, P: (716) 645-5286. Student request for floor plans (form to fill out)
- UB Libraries – WNY Resources: a collection resources available at the UB Libraries