The University Libraries are pleased to welcome new and returning UB faculty and students to campus!
We thought this would be the perfect opportunity to share some of the resources and services available to you as a UB student.
Here is our Top Ten list of “must knows” about the UB Libraries:
10. Our Libraries have extended hours: http://library.buffalo.edu/hours/
9. Each major has a librarian who can help you with your information needs: http://library.buffalo.edu/askalibrarian/inperson/bysubject.html
8. You can get instant answers from REAL people by using our 24/7 chat: http://library.buffalo.edu/askalibrarian/chat/instant.html
7. The Libraries have an online guide and videos designed to help you understand basic research skills: http://library.buffalo.edu/help/research-tips/
6. There are many different study spaces in the UB Libraries, both group and silent – find out which ones are best for you: http://library.buffalo.edu/helpAZ/study_space.html.
5. You can use your print quota from your laptop: http://www.buffalo.edu/ubit/service-guides/printing/printing-from-your-computer.html
4. The Silverman Library in Capen Hall is open 24/7 during Fall and Spring semesters.
3. You can have journal articles and book chapters delivered electronically, and library books made available for pick-up at the UB library of your choice using Delivery+: http://library.buffalo.edu/delivery/
2. Undergraduate students are required to complete the Library Skills Workbook during their first year at UB: http://library.buffalo.edu/workbook/
1. The UB Libraries are the go-to places to find sources for your research paper or project: http://library.buffalo.edu